Today is the last day of 2017. And I will be turning to my 35 in 2018. I can’t believe it.
How Time Flies!!
Here comes my yearly review for 2017. What about yours?
- Doing pretty well in LinkedIn Engagement. Initiated and involved in many interesting discussions and talented friends. Thanks!
- Know how to learn and share publicly; and grow tech influence in an organic way. e.g, do daily today-review in Slack, subject study in GitHub.
- Started to admit my weakness, and live with it. Yes, I’m not smart. And I don’t remember details that well. That’s fine. It’s me. It’s who I am.
- Forming the habit of reading books. Even if reading for nothing, it gives me peace inside. Roughly ~5 hours per week. Not bad, isn’t it?
- Need to publish more and useful blog posts. In 2017, I only published ~1 post per month.
- Try new things as many as possible. Pradipta Dash inspires me a lot.
- Meet more talented friends physically or in google hangout. Glad to build a strong connection with Jonathan McAllister. He is a brave fighter by-heart.
- Pay more attention to my health. Do 50 press-up at least. Jogging for 30 minutes per day. Let’s start from this.
- Spend more quality time with my parent and relatives. Unfortunately my father got a cancer this year. He is doing much better now. I definitely need to engage more in our family events.
- Be prepared to be a good father. We’re expecting to have a baby. Both my wife and I have a very busy professional job. It would be a tough journey. Hope we both can enjoy it.
|DevOps Slack||0 Members||910|
Blog URL: https://www.dennyzhang.com/review_2017