Monitoring memory usage of a given process is critical for trouble shooting and issues escalation. Quite strange that no available public nagios plugin for this can be found. Thus I write one.
Original Article: https://dennyzhang.com/nagois_monitor_process_memory
Here comes the plugin in GitHub.
- The plugin explores /proc/$pid/status to figure out the virtual memory and resident memory.
- It will also generate the performance stastic data properly, which works well with nagiosgraph.
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Service CPU
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Process FD
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Service Memory
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Process Threadcount