Monitoring memory usage of a given process is critical for trouble shooting and issues escalation. Quite strange that no available public nagios plugin for this can be found. Thus I write one.
Below linux command can find how much CPU a given process use
ps -p $pid -o %cpu
- The plugin use ps command to figure out the virtual memory and resident memory.
- It will also generate the performance stastic data properly, which works well with nagiosgraph.
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Service CPU
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Process FD
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Service Memory
- Nagios Plugin: Monitor Process Threadcount
Original URL: https://dennyzhang.com/nagois_monitor_process_cpu